I've been a Commercial Web Developer for 287018368 seconds (or about 9'ish years). In this time I have made Front End UI design, Back End business logic and System Architecture my bread & butter.
Things I have achieved during this time
- Created a monolithic User Accounts system, from scratch, serving over 250,000 Gaming Community members with a whole host of gaming goodies/collectibles!
- Migrated the same monolithic system to new servers and kept data consistency... twice!
- Designed Maintained and Managed AWS infrastructure to keep systems alive and well.
- Managed Content Delivery on a global scale to deliver content as affordably and quickly to users as possible.
- Built and maintained in-house networks to cater for file redundancy and introduced a managed Back-up system.
- Built multiple RAID configured file-servers (RAID 1,RAID 10) to cope with the demands of the day-to-day running in the office.
- Pushed memcached and PHP to it's very limits... and broke some stuff learned some valuable lessons in the process!
- Built some HTML5 Games. One of them, "Loop", actually came 2nd place in the 2014 Nitrome Jam!
- Learned Node.js after seeing amazing server-side performance gains and development speed-up.